Install and Configure Synergize Virtual Printer
The installation program for Synergize Virtual Printer sets up the virtual printers which can then be configured.
For example, you can select where to save the output files. (Earlier versions of this product were known as Synergize Printer.)
1. Click Next through almost all the installation screens, entering the number of printers when prompted.
2. Enter the number of virtual printers you would like to configure.
The maximum number of printers is seven.
See Number of Printers, for more information.
3. Provide an installation folder.
Usually you can accept the default folder, by clicking Next.
If you want to install to a different disk, click Disk Cost to display the disk space dialog.
4. On the Disk Space dialog, choose a volume that has sufficient space to install Synergize Virtual Printer.
5. Start the installation process by clicking Next.
6. Wait for the installation process to complete.
Check the task bar in Windows, to see if there is a hidden dialog awaiting your input to proceed (the icon on the task bar will be flashing).
Otherwise, just click next when the installation is complete.
7. Click Close.
8. To make the 64-bit and 32-bit initialization files identical to start, copy the BuAiniTS.ini file from C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3\ to C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\W32X86\3\ (replacing the existing file with the same name).
You can install up to seven printers.
The installation prompts you to enter the number of printers to install.
Valid entries are 1 through 7.
You can rename the printers, but by default the printers are called Synergize Printer 1 through 7.
There is one initialization file for 64-bit and one for a 32-bit environment.
The printer server is assumed to be 64-bit but you can configure virtual printers on any Windows client.
The initialization file is just the starting point and will be the source of your initial preferences.
From then on, your saved preferences can be customized, which means you can set up each printer differently.
You can also reset any particular printer to "factory settings" (from the initialization file) by selecting Restore Defaults from the Synergize Printer configuration dialog.
Setting Up Defaults for Networked Printers
As a print server Administrator, you can modify the defaults for the printers.
What you are doing with this process is modifying the initialization file, which is downloaded for all Users who connect to your shared printers.
Note: Remember to modify both the 64-bit and 32-bit initialization files. In the installation instructions there is a step designed to make the 64-bit and 32-bit initialization files identical to start. If this step has not been done, you need to copy the 64-bit initialization file to the 32-bit drivers directory before modifying it.
The Users can potentially use the Printing Preferences menu item to make further personalizations.
Users can go back to the default settings, by selecting Restore Defaults from the Synergize Printer configuration dialog.
Depending on the rights the Users have on your print server, they should not be able to make further changes to the defaults you have defined.
1. On the server, open the Devices and Printers dialog.
2. Right-click on any Synergize Virtual printer and select Printer properties.
3. Then select the Advanced tab.
Click Printing Defaults.
3. On the Device Settings tab, you can select default paper size, orientation, and resolution.
4. On the File Formats tab, you can select the kinds of files that are supported by default on this printer.
5. On the Filename Generation tab, you can specify how the virtual output will be named.
6. On your first time through the tabs, if the default C:\TEMP output directory does not exist, once you try to move to the next tab, you may see the following prompt.
7. On the Profile Manager tab, you can save the settings you have made as a specific profile that you can load later.